You mean better standards for employees.
Qatar Financial Centre’s Employment Standards Office (ESO) delivers against this through a number of services, practical tools and communications.
We mean business.
The ESO does this through dispute prevention and compliance monitoring to prevent disputes from happening in the first place. And if they do, then dispute resolution procedures are also in place to assist in resolving disputes amicably.
To enable dispute prevention, the following are in place:
(1) Activities such as roundtable discussion
(2) Tools such as newsletters and interpretation advice
(3) Perpetual regulation improvement
To ensure legislation and regulations are being applied, the following are in place:
(1) Overall compliance assessment
(2) Identification of non-compliance
(3) Root-cause analysis
(4) Defined actions required (including enforcement if applicable)
(5) Support of enforcement process (through evidence collection)
(6) Monitoring of compliance through enforcement orders
(7) Defined actions to prevent future contraventions
Fair and transparent rules ensure that employers and employees alike are aware of their rights and obligations.
Any alleged breaches of QFC Employment Regulations should be reported by filing a complaint with the Employment Standards Office.
Please make sure that you read the ESO Complaint Submission Guide carefully prior to submitting your complaint.