This policy sets out how Qatar Financial Centre Authority ("us", "we", "QFCA") may use the personal data that we collect from you. By using any of our services including our website and by providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want your personal information to be used in this way.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time to reflect developments in the law and best practices or in the provision of our services.
What personal information do we hold?
We collect and use certain types of information about individuals we deal with as part of our regulatory functions, including those within the Qatar Financial Centre (“QFC”) or proposing to join the QFC and those who may have dealings with the QFC, our own employees, suppliers and others with whom we conduct business. In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of the QFC and/or the State of Qatar.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data when you:
- use or access our website or use our other social media channels;
- request information or email an enquiry to us;
- register for an event or make a submission on any matter requiring public consultation;
- participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us ; or
- send personal data to us by any other means.
What Can Your Personal Date be Used For
We may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- to carry out and fulfill our statutory and legal obligations and functions as a regulator in the QFC;
- to provide and improve our services to you;
- to manage our relationship with you and the QFC firms and to communicate with you;
- to administer and improve our website; including to compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- to market, enhance and improve our services;
- to maintain internal record keeping and audits;
- for recruitment;
- as required by law; and/or
- for other legitimate business purposes
Who Can We Share Your Personal Data With
- Government and regulatory bodies or entities in and outside of the QFC
- Other businesses and third parties (such as our service providers, IT hosting and maintenance providers and other contractors) which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- Such other entities or bodies as my be required by law; and
- Other parties to which you authorise us to release it.
Storing, Transferring and Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be kept in paper files and/or held in electronic form (e.g. on our IT systems, in emails, on the cloud or in databases). It may be transferred to an entity, and/or stored at a destination outside the QFC. For example we may transfer your personal data to our service providers, agent or supplier outside the QFC for the purposes described above. This means that your personal data may be transferred to another jurisdiction outside of the QFC which may not have the same data protection laws, as are applicable in the QFC. Any transfer of your personal data to another jurisdiction would be carried out in accordance with the QFC Data Protection Regulations 2005, including any amendments or laws passed in substitution of such regulates (the “Regulations”).
Your personal data may also be processed by our service providers, agent or supplier operating outside the QFC for the purposes of providing the services to you or for the purposes described above
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Please note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed entirely secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we can neither ensure nor warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The Regulations sets out your rights as an individual in relation to your personal data and how it is used. The Regulations give you the right to access information held about you.
If you have any queries regarding this policy and how we handle your personal data, please contact us via email at: email@example.com or call us on +974 4496 7777 or send your enquiries to the Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing QFCA, QFC Tower 1, Al Wahda Street, West Bay PO Box 23245, Doha, the State of Qatar.